During these unprecedented times, where so much has changed and with so many challenges ahead, I wanted to share some good news with you.
In March of this year the Chichester College Group had its first full Ofsted inspection since it formed as West Sussex’s largest Further Education provider in 2017. Our report has now published on the Ofsted website which you can access from www.chigroup.ac.uk/about/ofsted-outstanding
I am immensely proud that we have achieved grade 1 ‘Outstanding’, making us currently not only the largest college group by revenue to be outstanding, but also only the second college group in the country to be outstanding in all areas under the new Education Inspection Framework. This is testament to the hard work and commitment of all our staff, learners, apprentices, partners and employers and our collective belief in our mission of ‘changing lives through learning’.
What Ofsted said about our learners
• Learners, including adult learners, and apprentices are rightly very proud of their college. They value the active role they take in working with leaders and staff to create an inclusive and vibrant community.
• Learners and apprentices enjoy greatly their time at college. They are ambitious to achieve.
• The learners and apprentices, and particularly those from disadvantaged backgrounds and those with special educational needs and/or disabilities, rightly feel highly supported by college staff.
What Ofsted said about our work with employers
• Employers value greatly the positive impact apprentices’ new skills and knowledge have on their workplace.
• Leaders and managers work closely with employers and other external stakeholders to research and design appropriate courses for learners.
• Leaders and managers work closely with employers to include additional qualifications to apprentices’ programmes which better prepare them for their jobs.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your ongoing support and hope you, your families and colleagues are safe and well during this challenging time.
We recognise that colleges will have a critical role to play in the economic and social recovery and that we will continue to work together to address the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.